Are you a household in Pakistan looking for gas supply? The process of registering, selecting and applying for a new gas connection can be quite overwhelming. With different government energy suppliers, tariff plans, and safety regulations to consider it’s difficult to know where to start.
Don’t worry we’ve taken the time to break down the various steps involved in applying for a new gas connection from start-to-finish so that you can confidently make your application with confidence! In this blog post, we will cover everything you need to know about how to apply for a gas connection in Pakistan including the necessary paperwork, types of connections available and the fees associated with them. Read on learn more about securing your new natural gas supply today!
Required Documents For a New Gas Connection
To apply for a gas connection in Pakistan, it is crucial to gather all the required documents beforehand. All applicants, irrespective of whether they’re domestic, commercial, or industrial consumers, need to submit the following documents along with their application for a new gas connection:
- Photocopy of Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC): This serves as proof of identity.
- Photocopy of the Layout Plan of the House/Building/Factory premises: This document provides a visual representation of the property to be connected.
- National Tax Number (NTN) or Tax Return (TR) Certificate from the Income Tax Department: This affirms your tax compliance.
- Photocopy of the Registry of the House/Building/Factory: This is required if you own the property that needs the connection.
- Photocopy of the Lease Agreement: This should be provided if you’re a tenant of the property.
- Photocopy of Partnership Deed along with the List of Partners: For businesses, this document details the terms of the partnership.
- Power of Attorney in case of a Business Partnership: A legal document transferring authority.
- Affidavit of Ownership/Proprietorship: If you’re a sole proprietor, this document attests to the fact.
All these documents must be submitted to ensure a smooth and hassle-free gas connection application process.
How to Apply for a New Gas Connection in Pakistan?
- To apply for a new gas connection in Pakistan, begin by visiting the designated web link.https://www.sngpl.com.pk/onlineapp/pages/form.jsp?pgname=PAGES_NAME&secs=ss7xa852op845&cats=ct456712337&rec=&artcl=artuyh709123465
- This will direct you to the application submission page, themed “Online application for domestic gas connection”.
- Here, you’ll see an option to apply for an SNGPL new connection.
- Submit all the necessary personal information required for the new connection.
- An online inspection team will then review your submitted information, issuing conditional acceptance on the same webpage if everything checks out.
There are a few important points to note during this process:
- Make sure your location falls within the distribution network list this is a prerequisite for applying for a new connection.
- Ensure all the information you provide on the application page is correct and complete. Any false information discovered at any stage of the process can result in the cancellation or rejection of your application.
For the convenience of locals, the entire procedure is also available in Urdu. In summary:
- Complete the application truthfully
- Ensure your area is in the distribution network list
- Do not provide any false information
- The procedure is available in Urdu for ease of understanding
.To save time and energy, it is important to follow the above-mentioned guidelines while applying for a new gas connection. This will help ensure you successfully apply for your desired connection without any issues. The online application process also gives you the opportunity to track the status of your request at any point of time. By doing so, you can avoid unnecessary visits to the office, thereby saving you time. All these features make the online application process user-friendly and hassle-free.
Type of Gas Consumers In Pakistan
Domestic consumers in Pakistan primarily consist of households that use gas for cooking, heating, and, in some cases, small-scale electricity generation.
Commercial consumers, on the other hand, include businesses such as restaurants, bakeries, hotels, and office buildings that use gas for a wide range of purposes including cooking, heating, and powering certain types of equipment.
Lastly, Industrial consumers represent sectors such as textiles, fertilizers, power generation, and cement. These industries use gas in their production processes and for running heavy machinery, making them the largest consumers of gas in the country.
How to Get a Domestic Gas Connection in Pakistan
Applying for a domestic gas connection in Pakistan is easy! Follow these simple steps to get your connection without any hassle.
- Get the Application Form: Start by getting the application form for a domestic gas connection. You can either pick it up from your nearest Sui Gas office or download it online. Best of all, it’s completely free!
- Submit the Form and Documents: Fill out the form and submit it along with the necessary documents. These include a copy of your identity card, photocopy of property documents to verify its size, and a gas bill from a neighbor.
- Receive an Acknowledgement Letter: Once you’ve submitted the documents, you’ll receive an acknowledgement letter. Just be patient, as it may take up to 6 weeks to hear back regarding your application.
- Site Survey and Approval: A representative from the gas authority will visit your site to conduct a survey and create an outline. Once approved, a demand notice will be issued in your name.
- Pay the Security Deposit: Based on the area of your site, you’ll need to submit a security deposit. Don’t worry, we have all the fee details further down!
- Get Your Consumer Master Card (CMC): Once you’ve paid the deposit, you’ll receive a Consumer Master Card (CMC). This card is essential for your gas connection.
- Gas Connection and Meter Installation: Within a week, your gas connection will be provided, and a meter will be installed at your premises.
- Billing Department: Lastly, your details will be forwarded to the billing department for monthly billing procedures.
That’s it! Follow these steps, and you’ll have a domestic gas connection in Pakistan in no time. Don’t miss out on the convenience and benefits of having gas at your home. Apply today!
Get a Commercial Gas Connection in Pakistan: Everything You Need to Know
Installing a commercial gas connection in Pakistan is straightforward, but there is one important detail you must know. Commercial consumers are divided into two categories: low-pressure and high-pressure consumers. Let’s dig into the key factors behind this classification.
Low-pressure Commercial Consumers:
If your gas usage is up to 300 cubic feet per hour, you fall under the low-pressure commercial consumer category. The security deposit will depend on your required gas load, but the service line charges are fixed at PKR 5,000. Your monthly billing charges will include with-holding tax, sales tax, and meter rent.
High-pressure Commercial Consumers:
If your gas usage exceeds 300 cubic feet per hour, you are classified as a high-pressure commercial consumer. The security deposit and service line charges will be determined by your required gas load. Like low-pressure consumers, your monthly billing charges will include with-holding tax, sales tax, and meter rent.
Get your commercial gas connection sorted hassle-free in Pakistan. Take advantage of this essential resource for your business today.
Get an Industrial Gas Connection in Pakistan
Looking for an industrial gas connection in Pakistan? The process is simple and similar to getting a domestic gas connection. Here are some important points to know:
Production of Goods: To qualify as an industrial consumer, your entity should be involved in the production of goods.
Gas Load: Your gas consumption should exceed 500 cubic feet per month.
Premises Survey: Before categorizing you as a commercial or industrial consumer, a survey of your premises will be conducted.
Key Details for Commercial and Industrial Gas Connections:
Application Processing Fee: For low-pressure and high-pressure commercial consumers, there is a processing fee of PKR 500. However, industrial consumers are exempt from this fee.
Tariffs: Industrial consumers enjoy lower tariffs compared to commercial consumers.
Installation Process: Just like domestic connections, the installation process for commercial and industrial gas connections takes approximately eight weeks to complete.
Don’t miss out on the benefits of having an industrial gas connection in Pakistan. Start the process today!
Domestic Gas Connection In Pakistan Price Fee
|Size of Plot||Service Line Charges||Security||Total|
|Up To 10 Marlas||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 4,500||Rs. 6,000|
|Above 10 Marlas||Rs. 3,000||Rs. 4,500||Rs. 7,500|
Attention: Easy, Safe, and Efficient Gas Connection Installation Process
Discover the details of our convenient services and fees!
- For properties up to 10 Marla, the service line charges are only Rs. 1500, with a security fee of Rs. 4500, resulting in a total of Rs. 6000.
- For properties above 10 Marla, the service line charges are Rs. 3000, with a security fee of Rs. 4500, resulting in a total of Rs. 7500.
At SNGPL, your safety and satisfaction are our top priorities. We have taken strict measures to ensure leakproof gas connections and efficient installation. That’s why we work exclusively with skilled contractors who meet our quality standards.
When applying for a connection, you have the freedom to choose from our registered low- and high-pressure house-line contractors. Please note that their fees are separate from our service charges, and must be settled directly with them.
High-pressure consumers will receive a test report from the contractors, which should be included with your application. However, low-pressure consumers are exempt from this requirement.
To proceed with your application, please ensure that all service and security charges are paid in full. Contractors are not authorized to collect these charges, so please make your payments to our company’s account.
When visiting our office or nearest branch to submit your application, please bring all necessary documents, including a receipt from the bank confirming your payment of service line and security charges. Keep a copy of this receipt at home, as it may be requested more than once.
Once your application is processed, we operate on a ‘first come first serve’ basis to allocate gas connections. Our dedicated distribution department will handle the installation of pipes and meter at your desired location.
Please note that the first gas bill will be issued 45 days after the connection is installed. If you encounter any issues with receiving the bill, please contact our regional office for assistance.
For your security, we strongly advise against making any unnecessary payments to contractors or agents. We only accept payments through bank deposits. Any unauthorized collection of money is considered a crime, and we encourage you to hold the culprit accountable.
Finally, for domestic consumers with low-pressure house lines, there is no need to submit any test certificates with your application. However, it is crucial that the installation is carried out by our registered and skilled manpower using quality standard materials approved by SNGPL.
Experience a smooth and hassle-free gas connection installation process with SNGPL. Contact us today!
How to Get a Gas Connection Fast and Hassle-Free with SNGPL
Where SNGPL’s Gas Network Exists:
If the SNGPL gas network is operating in front of your premises, obtaining a gas connection is as easy as filling out an application form. Visit the nearest regional office, sub office, or customer service center to get the form, or simply download it online.
Where SNGPL’s Gas Network Doesn’t Exist:
If the SNGPL gas network doesn’t reach your street, don’t worry! Get the application form for extending the gas network from the nearest regional office, sub office, or customer service center. You can also find the form online.
Submitting Your Application:
Fill out the application form in capital letters and submit it at the nearest regional office, sub office, or customer service center, along with attested documents, such as a copy of your CNIC, proof of property ownership, and a gas bill from your nearest neighbor. Make sure you receive a receipt as proof of your application.
House Line Survey:
After submitting your application, a representative from SNGPL will visit your premises to conduct a feasibility report. If it is feasible to provide gas supply, a house line plan will be designed during the site visit.
Proposal Letter/Demand Notice:
Once the feasibility report is prepared, SNGPL will issue a proposal letter or demand notice, along with the house line plan. You will also receive a list of registered house line installation contractors in your region. You will need to arrange for the house line installation from one of these contractors at the prescribed rates.
House Line Installation:
For a hassle-free installation of the gas house line, SNGPL has appointed low and high-pressure house line contractors. These contractors will install the house line according to SNGPL specifications and quality standards. They will also test the house line to ensure it is leak-proof. High-pressure consumers will need to obtain a test report from the contractor.
Visit the nearest regional office, sub office, or customer service center with the required documents to obtain the challan form or bill for depositing the security amount, service line charges, and any other applicable charges. Deposit the amount at the designated bank and keep the receipt safe.
Gas connection will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. The Distribution Department will lay the pipe and install the meter for gas supply at your premises.
You can expect to receive your first bill within 45 days of the gas supply being commissioned. If you don’t receive it, contact your area’s regional office.