As a family, staying connected and legally recognized in Pakistan can be an overwhelming task. This is especially true for those who are not familiar with the NADRA Family Registration Certificate (FRC) or how to apply for one. FRCs are essential documents that help families remain connected, prove their identity and ancestry directly related to a father’s name, and verify marital status of both parents when applying for visas or passports.
Knowing how to apply for an FRC can save time, stress and money so it’s important to do it right! In this blog post, we will discuss everything you need to know about NADRA family registration certificate (FRC), what documents you require before submitting your application as well as step by step guide on how to apply online!
What is Family Registration Certificate?
The Family Registration Certificate (FRC) serves as a pivotal record that enumerates all members of a particular family, as part of an application process. It functions to authenticate their identities by cross-checking with the records available at the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA). Despite its thoroughness and detail, it’s important to note that the FRC is primarily employed as an aid to streamline various processes. However, it lacks the legal clout to be employed for any legal requisites or formalities.
Categories you can apply in
NADRA Family Registration Certificate (FRC) can be applied in three distinct categories, each serving a separate purpose and demanding unique details.
- Birth: This category is designed to include a comprehensive family profile, containing essential details of your parents and siblings. This information forms a vital part of the certificate, fostering an understanding of your immediate family background.
- Marriage: This category shifts the focus to your marital life, incorporating relevant details about your spouse and children. The information encapsulated in this certificate extends to your extended family, engendered through marriage.
- Adoption: The third and final category is dedicated to those adopted, where the certificate will feature the particulars of your legal guardian. This variant of the certificate aims to recognize and formally document the relationship between an adopted individual and their guardian.
Each of these categories has different prerequisites, thus ensuring the FRC serves its purpose accurately across diverse familial circumstances.
FRC NADRA documents are required for application
The process of applying for a NADRA Family Registration Certificate (FRC) is straightforward, yet it requires careful attention to ensure all necessary documents are accurately submitted. It is very important to understand the different categories.
- By Birth, By Marriage, or By Adoption, as each has unique documentation requirements.
- For instance, when registering by birth, ensure you have the CNIC/NICOP/POC of your siblings and parents, along with photographs and a Child Registration Certificate (CRC) for those under 18.
- Note that family members not registered in NADRA will not appear in your FRC until their data is updated.
- If registering by marriage, the CNIC/NICOP/POC of your spouse and children are required.
- Lastly, for adoptions, the guardian’s documents are required. Understanding each category’s requirements will facilitate a smooth application process.
FRC Nadra Fee Structure
|FRC (New/Modification/Duplicate) Fees||Rs.1000||Rs.1500|
The fee for the Family Registration Certificate (FRC) stands uniform across the board at 1000 PKR. Whether you are applying for a new FRC, wish to modify an existing certificate, or need a duplicate, both normal and executive services have been set at the same price point of 1000 PKR. The aim is to make the process accessible and affordable to all citizens.
Methods Of Family Registration Certificate Process
To apply for the NADRA FRC, applicants have two main methods at their disposal. The first method involves a direct visit to the NADRA Registration Centre (NRC) where you can get face-to-face assistance and complete your application. The second method, designed for user convenience, is through the online portal of NADRA. This digital interface allows applicants to complete the process remotely from the comfort of their own home. Make sure to gather all the necessary documents beforehand to ensure a smooth and quick application process.
How to Apply for NADRA FRC Online ?
Apply for NADRA FRC Online A Step-by-Step Guide
Get your Family Registration Certificate (FRC) hassle-free through NADRA’s convenient online process. Follow these simple steps to apply:
- Visit the Pak Identity website NADRA’s official online portal.
- Create a new account and choose the appropriate category.
- Fill out the online application form with all the required details for your FRC.
- Make the FRC NADRA fee payment securely using NADRA’s e-Sahulat franchise or your credit card.
- Upload your passport size photograph and scanned form with your fingerprints.
Apply for your FRC online now and avoid the queues and paperwork!
How long will it take from the application to be delivered?
If you apply for the FRC online, the processing time is typically faster. Once your application has been reviewed and approved, the FRC will be dispatched within 5-7 business days. However, if you apply through the traditional mail-in method, anticipate a longer delivery time due to the handling and delivery process of physical mail. This could extend the timeframe to approximately 14-21 business days upon approval of your application. Please note that these timelines are approximate and actual delivery may vary depending on factors such as public holidays, postal service efficiency, and your location.
Second Method Apply Through NADRA’s Registration Center (NRC)
To apply for the NADRA Family Registration Certificate (FRC), follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest NADRA Registration Centre (NRC). No appointment is required.
- Bring the necessary documents. The documents required vary depending on the category of FRC:
- Birth: Bring your own CNIC, your parents’ CNICs, and your siblings’ CNICs or Form-B.
- Marriage: Bring your own CNIC, your spouse’s CNIC, and your children’s CNICs or Form-B.
- Adoption: Bring your guardian’s CNIC along with your own CNIC or Form-B.
- Fill out the application form provided at the NRC.
- Pay the fee for the FRC application.
- After you’ve submitted the application form and payment, your application will be processed, and you will receive an official receipt. Keep this receipt safe, as you’ll need it to collect your FRC.
- The processing time is typically 5-7 working days, but it can vary. You will be told the expected collection date when you submit your application.
- Collect your FRC from the same NRC where you submitted your application, bringing your receipt with you.
The NADRA FRC serves as an official family identification document, recognizing and validating your family structure according to the government records. The certificate is important for various official procedures, so it’s highly recommended for all citizens to apply.
How much is the FRC fee in NADRA?
The Fee for the Family Registration Certificate (FRC) at the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) is PKR 1000/-. Once your application is processed, the FRC form will be provided to you on the spot. Please note that payment must be made in cash at the NADRA counters when submitting the application.
How can I get FRC from NADRA?
To obtain a Family Registration Certificate (FRC) from the National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA) in Pakistan, follow these steps: Visit the NADRA’s official website. Select “Online Application.” Click on the “Apply Now” button. chose the “Family Registration Certificate”option from the list of available services. Fill in the required information, including your CNIC number, family details, and contact information. After filling in the details, submit the form and pay the required fee. Once your application has been processed, your FRC will be delivered to your provided address. Remember, the FRC showcases the family structure of the applicant, and it is used for various purposes including visa processing.
Can I make my FRC online?
Yes, you can make your Family Registration Certificate (FRC) online using the Pak Identity website, which is NADRA’s online portal. To do this, you will need to follow a few steps: Visit the Pak Identity website. Fill in the online FRC application form with the necessary details. Scan and upload a passport size photograph of yourself. Carefully apply your finger imprints in the designated field on the form. Scan and upload the completed form. By following these steps, you can successfully apply for your NADRA FRC online.
How many days required for FRC?
Upon successful submission of your attested Family Registration Certificate (FRC) application form, the processing time begins. You should expect to receive the PDF version of your FRC within working 5 to 7 days, delivered directly to your specified email address. Kindly ensure your email address is correctly provided to avoid any delays. It’s crucial to remember that the processing timeline is dependent on the successful submission of your attested form.
How do I get a copy of my FRC?
To acquire a copy of your Family Registration Certificate (FRC), you need to visit your nearest NADRA Registration Center (NRC). At the NRC, you will be required to fill out an application form and submit it along with the necessary identification documents. It’s important to bring your original CNIC along with the photocopies. After the processing period, you will receive your FRC. The duration for processing may vary depending on the specific NRC, so it is advisable to inquire about this at the center.
In conclusion, the Family Registration Certificate (FRC) issued by NADRA is a vital document for Pakistani families. It not only streamlines various processes but also serves as an official record of family relationships and statuses. Whether you’re applying in the category of birth, marriage, or adoption, understanding the process, including the documents required and the associated fees, is crucial. With options to apply either in-person or online, acquiring an FRC has been made accessible and convenient. Remember, a properly issued FRC not only verifies your familial connections but can save you time and hassle in many official procedures. So, if you haven’t already, consider applying for your FRC today!