Are you tired of seeing the emergency call button on your lock screen. Do you want to remove it without rooting your phone. Well, we’ve got good news it’s possible! In this blog post, we’ll breakdown how to easily and safely remove the emergency call feature from your Android device’s lock screen. Whether you just have an aesthetic distaste for the feature or are looking to keep sensitive information hidden, our comprehensive guide will help you get rid of that pesky emergency call button quickly. So let’s dive in and take a look at how to perform this helpful task once and for all!
Have you ever accidentally dialed the emergency number from your Android phone’s lock screen? It can be quite inconvenient, and sometimes even embarrassing. In this guide, we will discuss how to remove the emergency call button from your lock screen on an Android device.
What is the Emergency Call Button?
The emergency call button is a feature present on most Android phones that allows users to quickly and easily call the local emergency services number, such as 911 or 112. This button is typically located on the lock screen for easy accessibility.
Why Remove the Emergency Call Button?
There are a few reasons why you may want to remove the Emergency Call option from your lock screen. Firstly, if you have accidentally pressed this button multiple times, it can become frustrating and inconvenient. Secondly, if you have young children who like to play with your phone, removing this feature can prevent them from making unnecessary emergency calls.
Moreover, some users find the Emergency Call button unnecessary and prefer a cleaner lock screen without any distractions. Whatever your reason may be, removing the Emergency Call option from your lock screen is a simple process. Let’s dive into the steps.
How to Remove Emergency Call From Lock Screen Android?
- Open your device’s Settings app by tapping on its icon in the app drawer or by swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping on the gear icon.
- Navigate to the Settings menu, scroll down, and select “Security & location.”
- Under Security, look for an option called “Screen lock” or “Lock screen preferences,” depending on your device’s manufacturer.
- Tap on this option to open its settings.
- You will see a list of different lock screen options, such as Swipe, Pattern, PIN, Password, etc. Look for an option called “Lock screen shortcuts” or “Shortcuts” and tap on it.
- Here you will see a list of different shortcuts that appear on your lock screen. Locate the Emergency Call shortcut and toggle it off to disable it from appearing on your lock screen.
- You may also have the option to customize which shortcuts appear on your lock screen. If so, you can rearrange the order or even remove other shortcuts if desired.
- Once you have made your changes, exit the Settings app and lock your device’s screen to see the updated lock screen without the Emergency Call button.
Please note that these steps may vary slightly depending on the manufacturer and version of your Android operating system. It’s also important to remember that emergency calls are there for a reason, and disabling them should be done with caution.
If you have a Samsung device, the steps to remove the emergency call option may vary slightly:
- Go to Settings on your Samsung device.
- Scroll down and tap on Lock screen.
- Tap on Secure lock settings.
- Select “Lock automatically”.
- Toggle off the switch for “Swipe options”.
- The emergency call button should now be removed from your lock screen.
Method 2: Using a Third-Party App
If your device doesn’t have the option to disable the emergency call button in the system settings, you can use a third-party app to achieve this. Here’s how:
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for “lock screen customization” or “lock screen removal”.
- Choose an app that suits your needs and install it on your device.
- Follow the instructions provided by the app to customize or remove the lock screen, including the emergency call button.
Note: Be cautious when downloading third-party apps and make sure to read reviews and check ratings before installing.
Method 3: Using a Custom Lock Screen
Another option is to use a custom lock screen that doesn’t have an emergency call button. Here’s how you can do it:
- Please navigate to the Google Play Store and perform a search for “custom lock screen” or “lock screen replacement”..
- Choose an app that suits your needs and install it on your device.
- Follow the instructions provided by the app to customize or replace your existing lock screen, including the emergency call button.
Method 4: Using Custom ROMs
Custom ROMs are modified versions of the Android operating system that offer more flexibility and customization options. Some custom ROMs allow you to disable the emergency call button from the lock screen. However, installing a custom ROM requires technical knowledge and can void your device’s warranty. Moreover, it is not recommended for beginners.
If you are unable to find the option to disable emergency information in your device’s settings, you can try the following alternative method:
- Go to your device’s Settings and select “Apps & Notifications”.
- Kindly select the option “See all apps” or “App info” based on your device configuration.
- Search for the application titled “Emergency Information” or “Emergency Call”.
- Select the app and opt for the “Disable” or “Turn off” option.
This method may vary slightly depending on your device’s manufacturer and Android version, but it should ultimately achieve the same result of disabling the emergency call button from the lock screen.
Additional Tips and Considerations
- Some Android devices may have a different method for removing the emergency call button, such as long-pressing and dragging it to the “Remove” option.
- Removing the emergency call button does not affect your ability to dial emergency services in a real emergency. You can still access the emergency dialer by swiping up on your lock screen and selecting the option.
- If you are unable to remove the emergency call button or change your lock screen settings, it may be due to certain security policies set by your device administrator. Contact them for further assistance.
Having an emergency call option on the lock screen is a useful feature, but it can also be frustrating if you accidentally trigger it or if someone else uses your phone. By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily remove the emergency call option from your lock screen and have a more seamless unlocking experience on your Android device.
Keep in mind that this feature may vary depending on your device’s manufacturer and Android version, but these general steps should work for most devices. Stay safe and be prepared for emergencies, but also make sure to remove the emergency call option if it becomes a nuisance. So, you can now enjoy a clutter-free lock screen on your Android device! And remember safety first!
Stay Safe and Secure
It’s always important to have quick access to emergency services, but it’s equally important to keep your phone secure. Here are some tips to keep your Android device safe:
- Set a strong password or pattern for unlocking your phone.
- Enable two-factor authentication for your important accounts.
- Regularly backup your data and photos in case of loss or theft.
- Install a reliable antivirus app to protect against malware and viruses.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure the safety and security of your Android device. Stay safe! And don’t forget to remove the emergency call option from your lock screen if you no longer need it.